Girl Scouts is seeking a member support manager to be based out of their Bartlesville office.
In order to meet council goals the membership support manager performs routine and specialized functions for membership development, volunteer support, team effectiveness, and high quality customer service for the council. The manager is responsible to analyze, develop, recommend, and follow best practices for successfully culminating recruitment efforts, providing volunteer and troop support, increasing membership and volunteer participation, and reaching team goals. She/he will accomplish this by initiating and pursuing communication strategies and protocols to convert prospective members to registered members and volunteers; contribute to, coordinate, and support team initiatives; and provide information required for customer service, reporting, and decision making at all levels of the organization. The manager regularly runs and reviews membership reports to identify and communicate membership changes or issues to the team and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists in designing, implementing, and achieving the council goals for girl and adult membership and volunteer recruitment through implementing membership strategies in assigned areas.
· Supports implementation of membership development strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual business plan, and/or other council goals primarily through phone and written follow-up contacts with prospective members and volunteers.
· Works with Membership team in external recruitment efforts to convert leads into memberships. Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion per established guidelines to finalize membership enrollment leads.
· Works with cross-functional team to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
· Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made in order to meet membership goals and volunteer needs as related to membership.
· Utilizes Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma Volunteer System to support pursuance of leads throughout the recruitment process for completion to close status.
· Prepares and reviews a variety of status reports, including membership development, troop rosters, weekly activity reports, team status reports, and others as assigned.
· Provides back-up to Membership team with customer support, recruitment, and system tasks.
· Provides back-up coverage to Customer Care team as needed.
· Promotes and assists with councilwide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors including United Way.
· Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
· Work interdepartmentally to ensure council goals are met.
· Attend all regular staff meetings, team meetings, and other staff meetings when requested or assigned.
· Engages in regular personal, professional, and/or leadership development via webinars, books, trainings or other opportunities.
· Ensures and provides high-quality customer service.
· Promote good working relationships with staff and volunteers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Ability to model behavior consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, Law, and values.
· Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
· Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, occasional overnights as necessary and ability to travel as job requires.
· Willingness to work in a flexible work environment, including satellite property, offsite from home office, public space, or other location as job requires.
· Self-management and confidence to assess own skills and abilities and identify areas for improvement; willingly accepts constructive feedback; seeks developmental opportunities; sets and achieves goals; works independently. Demonstrates confidence to prepare for conversations with potential members/customers by gathering key information and setting strong objectives to achieve successful outcome.
· Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook and common applications. CRM experience, specifically Salesforce, desirable. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies with ability to understand the basic data quality principles and practice.
· Ability to coordinate multiple duties while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines; formulates short- and long-term goals, objectives, schedules, and priorities in line with council goals; anticipates issues, obstacles, or opportunities that may impact plans or actions; establishes courses of action for accomplishing goals while attending to and incorporating information obtained during day-to-day tasks.
· Ability to establish rapport with others at all organizational levels; respects others; considers and responds to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; establishes and maintains an open dialogue with others; has demonstrated ability to market the Girl Scout value proposition through a variety of communication venues, with particular emphasis on phone and online communications.
· Responsive to customer inquiries, seeks and acknowledges the views and ideas from customers (for example, internal and external); identifies, prioritizes, and balances customer issues; takes time to answer questions and explain decisions; follows through on commitments to customers in a timely manner; maintains a commitment to continuous improvement.
· Active listening skills with the ability to use a variety of questions and other active listening techniques to promote a robust discussion with members/customers and identify needs.
· Above average oral and written communication abilities. Expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying; prepares organized and structured presentations; has demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues and communicate effectively with a diverse group of girls, volunteers, and staff. Ability to project a warm, inviting, and trustworthy telephone image.
· Ability to use problem solving skills to identify and analyze existing and potential problems; reports/documents the problem; obtains and evaluates relevant information and contributing factors; identifies important interrelationships; offers insight for solutions after evaluating alternatives and anticipating their impact; supports decisions or recommendations with data and/or reasoning; implements identified solutions to problems.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing approximately 25 pounds.
· Proof of meeting Oklahoma State requirements regarding auto licensing, driver’s license.
· Knowledge of Girl Scouting a plus.
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
· High School graduation required.
· Experience in recruiting a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.