Marketing Manager Description
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports To: President & CEO
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing an overall strategy for United Way’s digital platforms, print marketing and communication plan. The focus for this position is on visual and engaging communications with the goal of telling stories, increasing Bartlesville Regional United Way’s reach, and staying relevant with the ever-changing digital landscape. This position supports the mission of United Way by researching, developing, integrating, maintaining and recommending interactive marketing strategies to produce analytical results that support the success of the marketing plan over time.
Integrity, collaboration, innovation, and outcome-oriented are the values of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and own the annual social media plan, set goals to enhance the organizational brand and increase engagement
- Be the lead writer to create social media posts across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) on a continual basis
- Create engaging multimedia content such as audio and video productions, photography, and other electronic media
- Develop a mix of daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal social campaigns
- Report monthly analytics to the President & CEO for all social media platforms to assess trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Remain informed of what’s current, new, and next both in the United Way network and in the digital content marketing space; this role will be responsible for curating innovative ideas on how to consistently elevate our brand with volunteers, donors, partners, business leaders, community members, and other diverse audiences through our digital channels
- Contribute to the thinking and development of the overall annual marketing plan for the organization.
- Manage and distribute the e-newsletter and lead other email campaigns for the organization. Tasks include: write articles, develop brochures for campaign materials, design layouts, conduct interviews for stories, and manage the Constant Contact email list
- Track monthly e-newsletters open rates, click rates, and analyze data to improve content and engagement
- Develop traditional media plan that includes newspaper & magazine articles, and radio interviews as needed.
- Write press releases about events and awards, manage the media list, and distribute to media outlets
- Work cross-functionally with other team members
- Maintain and manage the organization’s image library
- Take photos/videos
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college with major course work emphasis in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- Proven organizational, written, verbal and creative skills – with a proven track record of attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to create new and better ways for the organization to be successful. An eye for design and sense of exceptional writing
- Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Working knowledge of database management, content management systems, and web design and web software (Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, etc.)
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure, deadlines, and time constraints
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check